Google Transit TRIP PLANNER
NEWS & ALERTS
How do I ride the bus?
How do I use the FAST timetable?
Will the transit buses arrive at the exact times posted?
If I don't have the correct amount of money, will I receive change?
How can I get a refund for my unused bus pass?
Where can I find a bus transfer slip?
How can I retrieve a lost item?
Are FAST vehicles wheelchair accessible?
Do I need a car seat for my child?
Where can I obtain an application for FASTTRAC! services?
Where can I obtain an application for the reduced fare ID card?
Do you offer discounted passes for students?
Can I bring my dog on the bus?
Can I eat or drink on the bus?
How can I provide feedback about my experience with FAST?
Where can I find out about career opportunities with FAST?
Does FAST close for holidays?
Does FAST provide service to the Town of Spring Lake?
Does FAST provide service to Hoke County?
Does FAST provide service to Fort Bragg?
Where can I find information about the Multi-Modal Center project?
What is the Transportation Development Plan (TDP)?
Is there a GTFS feed available?
Can I advertise on FAST buses?
1. Determine how to get where you want to go - you can use your schedule and map to determine which bus route you need to take and if you need to transfer at any point. If you aren't sure which bus route to take, you can use the Google Maps feature on our homepage, or call the Information Center at 910-433-1747.
Before you call, you will need to have the following information ready: the closest bus stop to your starting point (a street address is helpful, but at a minimum, please have the route number from that bus stop sign ready) and your final destination.
2. Wait at the bus stop. Check your schedule to determine when the next bus should arrive. If you aren't sure how to use the schedule, you can view the "How do I use the FAST timetable" FAQ here. If your stop is not listed on the printed timetable, you will need to estimate the arrival time based on the closest stop to your stop. We suggest you arrive at the bus stop a few minutes early (5 minutes).
3. When you see the bus is arriving, make sure that you have your fare ready. The fareboxes only accept prepaid bus passes, $1.00 bills, $5.00 bills and coins. The fareboxes do not give change. Please have exact change; bus operators do not carry change either. If you aren't sure how much the fare is, check your schedule or ask the bus driver. You can also view "Fares and Passes" information on our website here.
a. If you are making more than 2 trips in one day, it will be more economical to purchase a day pass. You can do this when you board the bus.
b. If you need to purchase any other kind of pass, you will need to do so at the main Transfer Center (147 Old Wilmington Road) or the administrative office (455 Grove Street). Carlie C's locations offer a limited selection of bus passes as well. Please see the Fares & Passes page for more information.
Hint: If you ride the bus often, it may be more economical to buy a multi-day pass. You may also be eligible for a reduced fare.
4. Wait until the bus driver indicates that you can board - sometimes they need to lower the bus or deploy a ramp first in order to assist other passengers.
5. When you get on the bus, say hello to the driver! It is a nice thing to do and it can make a person's day.
6. If you are not sure where you need to get off, ask the driver when you get on the bus. He or she can assist you with getting to the correct stop.
7. If there are empty seats, please sit down. If the bus is full, please make sure that you hold on to the handrails and support poles to steady yourself.
8. If the bus is full and an elderly or disabled person boards, please offer your seat to that person. It is the courteous thing to do.
9. While you are on the bus, you must obey the Riders Rules of Conduct. They are posted on all of the buses, or you can view them here.
10. When your stop is coming up next, pull the yellow cord on the side of the bus, next to the windows. This will alert the driver that someone wants to get off. If you do not do this, and there isn't anyone waiting at the stop to board, the driver may not stop. Our buses do not automatically stop at every bus stop.
11. When the bus stops, please exit via the back door of the bus. The front door of the bus is reserved for passengers that are boarding and for those that need to use the ramp.
12. Have a great day!
Example of Route Sign:
If you are using our FASTTRAC! system, children under the age of four (4) and/or under forty (40) pounds must be properly secured in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions in a child restraint system that meets federal motor carrier vehicle safety standards. The provision for and securement of child safety seats and/or equipment is the responsibility of the child(s) guardian, parent or companion.
Applications for FASTTRAC! services can be found on our website under the "Policies, Forms and Helpful Links" section here.
Effective July 1, 2016, we offer a Youth Day Pass for $2.00. This pass is valid for anyone 18 & Under and is good for 24 Hours. We also have a Summer Fun Pass which allows for unlimited rides from June 1 - August 31st. This pass is $15.00 and is valid for anyone 18 & Under.
Animals of any kind are not allowed on FAST vehicles, with the exception of authorized service animals.
|New Year's Day||No Service|
|MLK, Jr. Day||Regular Service|
|Good Friday||Regular Service|
|Memorial Day||FAST will operate on a Saturday schedule|
|Independence Day (4th of July)||No Service|
|Labor Day||FAST will operate on a Saturday schedule|
|Veteran's Day||Regular Service|
|Day After Thanksgiving||Regular Service|
|Christmas Eve||Regular service concludes at 7:30 PM|
|Christmas Day||No Service|
|Day After Christmas||Regular Service|
|New Year's Eve||Regular Service
Any passenger boarding a FAST bus is required to pay the regular fare. There are no free transfers from Spring Lake buses.
Please view the Spring Lake Transit bus schedule for more information
FAST does not provide service to Hoke County at this time.
If you have any questions about transportation options in Hoke County, please contact HATS at (910) 875-8696, or by email.FAST began express service (Route 50) to Fort Bragg in November 2014. A valid form of government issued identification is required to stay on the bus as it passes through Randolph Gate.
Effective June 5, 2016, Fort Bragg shuttle service hours have changed. The Route 50 Express will connect with the Fort Bragg Grey Route at the Multi-Modal Hub. The first pick-up by the Fort Bragg shuttle is scheduled for 10:18, with the last pick-up at 17:38.
FAST will not operate Route 50 on the following 2016 post holidays:
|New Year's Day||January 1-4|
|MLK, Jr. Day||January 15-18|
|President's Day||February 12-15|
|Corps Training||April 22-24|
|Memorial Day||May 27-30|
|Army Birthday||June 17-19|
|Independence Day||July 1-4|
|Corps Training||August 19-21|
|Labor Day||September 2-5|
|Columbus Day||October 8-10|
|Veteran's Day||November 9-11|
In addition, Route 19 (timepoint #4) provides access to the South PX via the Yadkin Gate, where a valid form of government issued identification is required to gain access. The Fort Bragg Sustainable Shuttle "Red" and "Khaki" lines provide service to the South PX beginning at 10:00 AM. Please note, there is a Monday-Friday schedule and a Saturday schedule for each line below.
Construction of the new FAST Center is underway. We are posting progress pictures here . You may view additional documentation related to this project here:
- MMC Approval Letter
- MMC Approval Memo
- MMC Environmental Assessment
- MMC Memorandum to Record
- MMC Final Report Update October 2012
- MMC Update to City Council October 2012
The FAST Transit Development Plan (TDP) is a five-year transit operating and capital program for public transportation. The TDP provides a guide for improvements in current services and expansion of service to new corridors. The most recent TDP was approved by City Council on March 24, 2014.
- 2014 TDP Executive Summary
- 2014 TDP Approved by City Council
- Presentation of TDP to City Council for Approval on 03/24/14
219 Williams Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301
p: (910) 323-9306 f: (910) 323-0330