Google Transit TRIP PLANNER
NEWS & ALERTS
Transit Apprentice Opportunity
Transit Apprenticeship Opportunity
Fayetteville Area System of Transit (FAST) has one full time (40 hours per week) apprenticeship position open . The internship will begin June 1, 2017 and will end May 31, 2018. The Transit Apprentice will assist with various activities, including:
- Long and short-range transportation planning for the fixed-route system
- Special planning studies
- Data collection, analysis, and updates to maps using geographic Information system (GIS)
- Field surveys/data collection
- Assist with developing driver assignments (run-cuts)
- Assist with daily scheduling and dispatch
- Assist dispatch with trip sheets and other standard forms and procedures
- Review on-time performance and discuss issues with route operators to gain their perspective
- Perform random ride checks based on customer feedback
- Ongoing filing, which will help in preparing future audits
- Track and analyze accident trends
- Assist with training classes (set up, attendance, etc.)
- Assist with cdl and other training and recordkeeping
- Assist with responding to customer inquiries/complaints
- Assist with public outreach activities
Applicants should possess: knowledge of planning principles and practices; working knowledge of GIS; familiarity with research techniques; skill in the use of various basic software (word processing, databases, spreadsheet, etc).
Minimum Qualifications: Must have received a Bachelor's or Master's degree within the past year (December 2016 - May/June 2017) OR currently enrolled in a Master's degree program OR will complete the requirements for the Bachelor's or Master's degree before starting date of work. Acceptable related degrees: transportation planning, urban planning, urban affairs, transportation & logistics, civil engineering, or closely related field.
All applicants MUST complete the Public Transportation Division Application by April 21st to be considered. Please note, you will be required to attach an unofficial copy of your transcripts and a letter of recommendation.
Posted April 11, 2017